From mrunal28 <loha...@gmail.com>
Subject FOP 1.1 - Japanese 4-byte characters are rendering as '?' in pdf
Date Mon, 18 May 2015 12:01:30 GMT
Hi,

I am using FOP 1.1 and trying to convert xml to pdf. My XML file contains
japanese 4-byte characters(𥹖𥹖𥹖𥹖/カサタナハ) whose font is japanese katakana.

But my generated PDF contains '?' instead of original japanese characters.

I have font file for example katakana.ttf and made corresponding entry in
FOP config file as below:

<fop>
  <renderers>
  <renderer mime="application/pdf">
     <fonts>

weight="normal"/>

      </fonts>
  </renderer>
  </renderers>
</fop>

Can anyone please tell me if FOP 1.1 supports japanese 4-byte characters and
if so what extra configuration is required?

I look out for same but none of FOP documentation clearly mentions that.