From gkaplan <gkap...@kaplansoftware.com>
Subject Re: FOP alignment problem between two font type
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2016 00:40:33 GMT
I am using XSL to create the FOP markup, so it is not possible for me to
easily wrap special characters in their own inline block. I am using the
greater-than-or-equals ≥ symbol which is only available in the Symbol font.
The rest of the document is in sans-serif.

What's odd is that any numbers subsequent to the ≥ symbol are also in the
Symbol font.

My markup includes an attribute-set as follows:

	<xsl:attribute-set name="normal">
		<xsl:attribute name="font-size"><xsl:value-of
select="$fontSize"/></xsl:attribute>
		<xsl:attribute name="font-family">sans-serif, Symbol</xsl:attribute>
	</xsl:attribute-set>

But when the PDF is generated, the baseline (or some other attribute) of the
≥ symbol is much lower.

Is there really no way to fix this? I've tried tinkering with setting
baselines, etc. but nothing fixes this. Also, as the previous solution
mentions, I don't know of any fonts that include this symbol as well as the
full alphabet.

Thanks in advance for any help.