From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: Displaying different languages in PDF
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2016 19:37:43 GMT
Hi

> On 28 Mar 2016, at 13:18, Sunrita Bagchi Basu <sunrita.wrk@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have to display texts of various languages e.g. Chinese, japanese, Korean, Spanish,
etc
> I added font-family="Calibri, 'MS Mincho', Batang, serif, SimSun" in the xsl:fo file,
though didn't install/embed any fonts. This worked when running in Windows.
> But the same fails to work within a Tomcat server in centOS.
> it shows errors such as :
> catalina.out:[WARN] Glyph "杰" (0x6770) not available in font "Times-Roman".
>
> catalina.out:[WARN] Glyph "出" (0x51fa) not available in font "Times-Roman".
>
> catalina.out:[WARN] Glyph "班" (0x73ed) not available in font "Times-Roman".
>

> I have not mentioned Times-Roman to be used as the font, so I am a bit confused how is
this one getting picked?

"Times-Roman" is the default Base14 font that is used for "serif", that is why. It indicates
that none of the other specified font-families are available in that environment. On Windows,
if you have font auto-detection enabled, they are all available, which explains why it works
in one environment, but not in the other.

One solution would be to make sure all those font files are available in a location where
they can be reached from within the servlet context.

Hope this helps!

KR

Andreas