From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: o.a.f.i.loader.batik.PreloaderSVG - Error while trying to load stream as an SVG file: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2016 15:29:08 GMT
Hi

> On 07 Mar 2016, at 12:03, Bram Maes <bram.maes.developer@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Image is not rendering in pdf.  In the logs this is what I see:
>
> 11:57:24.293 DEBUG o.a.x.i.l.i.AbstractImageSessionContext - Creating new Source for
images/logo_nl.png
> 11:57:24.307 DEBUG o.a.f.i.loader.batik.PreloaderSVG - Error while trying to load stream
as an SVG file: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.
> 11:57:24.311 DEBUG o.a.x.i.l.i.AbstractImageSessionContext - Returning Source for images/logo_nl.png
> 11:57:24.313 DEBUG org.apache.fop.fo.FONode - Invalid element: fo:external-graphic inside
foreign xml markup

Not sure if that is the cause of the error, but seems like you are embedding an fo:external-graphic
inside an instream SVG element (?)
That would not be the correct way to approach this. If you want to reference a binary (JPG,
PNG or GIF) from within an instream SVG element, you should stick to using SVG, and not try
to reference it via an XSL-FO mechanism. An SVG itself can be referenced as a fo:external-graphic,
but then in its entirety, not partially...

Hope this helps!

KR

Andreas