From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Fail hard on missing images
Date Thu, 26 May 2016 13:10:23 GMT
See http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/2.1/events.html for an example of
exactly that.

HTH
Jeremias Maerki

On 12.05.2016 23:12:22 Oskar Berggren wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Sometimes a document will reference an image that FOP is unable to find. With FOP 2.0,
it will print a SEVERE log and then continue processing the file, eventually exiting with
a regular zero exit code.

> Because there may be a significant amount of other logs, and because this FOP was invoked
from a makefile that renders a bunch of documents, it's easy to miss the log about the missing
image. And because FOP appears to not use a non-zero exit code, the make command will also
not complain.

> How can I make FOP scream louder on missing images (and perhaps also other errors)? It
could complete processing the file, but crucially I would like it to exit with a non-zero
exit code so that make will stop with an error message.