From "Szeak (Register Man)" <szea...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Place image at top of page
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2016 09:21:32 GMT
Hi, Michel!

What i think is,

If you can define the image (what need to put on the top of a new page)
on the right place between paragraphs, than maybe the result will be good.
So, ie.

<fo:block>1. par</fo:block>
<fo:block>2. par</fo:block>
<fo:block>3. par</fo:block>
<fo:block break-before="page">Figure x ...
<fo:external-graphic>...</fo:block>
<fo:block>4. par</fo:block>
<fo:block>5. par</fo:block>
<fo:block break-before="page">Figure x ...
<fo:external-graphic>...</fo:block>

The first and second image containing blocks (which have the
break-before attributes) are placed on top first on a new page.

This is the forced page break solution, and you don't need any complex
page-master definition or "header" (fo:static-content) for this.

May this help for you.

Szeak

>> If you want displaying the image exactly on top of the second page?
> Yes, that's what I want! :-) I want to place an image at the top of a page, no matter
how many paragraphs I have. I want to place it at the top of the very page, where I put the
image, just like you do it in latex with

> begin{figure}[t!]
> …
> \end{figure}
>
>> I can help you in this.
> That's very much appreciated. Thank you so much!
>
> Michel
>

>> On 28 Nov 2016, at 13:07, Szeak (Register Man) <szeak33@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> If you want placing the image after 20. paragraph, why define it between 22. and
23?
>> Or
>> If you want displaying the image exactly on top of the second page?
>>
>> So if you want displaying the image exactly on top of the second page:
>> You need to define a bit more complex page-masters as now. I can help you in this.
>>
>> Don't hesitate to answer.
>>
>> Bye, Szeak

>>> Hi Szeak,
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot! This sounds very promising indeed. I can't get it to work, however.
>>>
>>> If I put <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-before"> inside my page-sequence
definition I get the following error:

>>> org.apache.fop.fo.ValidationException: For "fo:page-sequence", only one "fo:flow"
may be declared. (See position 222:48)

>>> If I create a new page-sequence and put it there FOP will end up in an endless
loop and won't stop generating pages.

>>> I'm not sure this is the right way, although it really sounds promising. Maybe
I'm just missing something. I uploaded my small example here:

>>> https://gist.github.com/michel-kraemer/af82f3e115afb877338a72fa34a539cf
>>>
>>> If you render it you'll see that there is an image between paragraphs 22 and
23. You'll also see that paragraph 20 breaks at the end of page 1 and continues at page 2.
I want to place the image at the top of page two, so right in the middle of paragraph 20.

>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help!
>>>
>>> Michel

the image absolutely or something like that?

but not fully yet. There is a BeforeFloat class that is supposed to place blocks in the before-float
area, but even if I use <fo:float float="before"> this class never receives any children.
The float also disappears from the output PDF.

implement the solution myself. I'm a Java programmer and if anyone could give me some pointers
on where to start and what is missing in the current code I'd probably be able to fill the
gaps.