From "Szeak (Register Man)" <szea...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Place image at top of page
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2016 10:48:07 GMT
Hi,

I don't think you need any code modifing in Java.
It seems, you need a header for the page, if i understand good your needs..

So for display header correctly, you need to:
1. define an ie.: <fo:region-before extent="1in"/> in simple-page-master
definiton
     you can define an exact name for it ie.: <fo:region-before
region-name="myHeader" extent="1in"/>
2. define an <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-before"> in page-sequence
definition
     you can use the named definition by: <fo:flow flow-name="myHeader">

That's it.

Bye, Szeak

> Hi!
>
> I'm looking for a way to place an image at the top of the page, just like you can do
it in LaTeX:

> \begin{figure}[t!]
> \end{figure}
>
> If I understand it correctly, you should be able to do this with the fo:float object:
>
> <fo:float float="before">
> </fo:float>
>
> I understand that FOP does not support the "before" value yet.
>
> Is there a workaround to achieve the same thing? For example by placing the image absolutely
or something like that?

> I had a look at the code and it seems the feature is almost implemented but not fully
yet. There is a BeforeFloat class that is supposed to place blocks in the before-float area,
but even if I use <fo:float float="before"> this class never receives any children.
The float also disappears from the output PDF.

> If there is no workaround for my problem I would be very interested to implement the
solution myself. I'm a Java programmer and if anyone could give me some pointers on where
to start and what is missing in the current code I'd probably be able to fill the gaps.