From Thomas Sörensen <thomas.soren...@excosoft.se>
Subject RE: Questions on Spanish fonts using FOP
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2018 10:36:46 GMT
Perhaps the font you are using doesn’t exist in the linux dist or doesn’t support certain
characters.
Try using a different font. One that you can be sure of supports the characters you are after.
Can you give a screenshot of the garbage characters and write what font you are using?

[excosoft]

Excosoft • Thomas Sörensen
Cell +46 (0)76-199 3184
Email thomas.sorensen@excosoft.se<mailto:thomas.sorensen@excosoft.se>
www.excosoft.se<http://www.excosoft.se/>

From: Yash V <yash248@gmail.com>
Sent: 04 November 2018 18:01
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Questions on Spanish fonts using FOP

Hello there,

We are using FOP 0.20.5 to generate PDF documents that will be mailed to our customers. The
FOP API is used within our custom java code. This solution was developed on our AIX servers
14 years ago and the solutions was working fine for both English and Spanish documents.

In June 2017, we migrated our servers from AIX to Linux and we noticed couple months ago that
our solution was printing junk characters for accented Spanish characters. As part of our
troubleshooting and analysis, we did try our solution on Windows laptop and the solution with
FOP 0.20.5 is printing the accented Spanish characters perfectly. However, the same is not
true on our Linux servers.

We tried to upgrade our FOP from 0.20.5 to 2.3 and we are still seeing the same behavior on
Linux servers.

Any pointers on the possible solution or reason for the behavior would help us a lot in troubleshooting
and fixing the solution.

FYI: Our logs does not indicate any FOP errors that point to an issue.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Yash.