Incidentally 1.1.30 changelog contains this:

1.1.30 (release in 2017)
  Fix precedence with multiple attribute sets (Nick Wellnhofer),
  Rework attribute set resolution (Nick Wellnhofer)

Commit
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/libxslt/commit/05f70130433478c1075ce8b6fdc4c4dadf51d33e

So apparently that broke something now fixed in 1.1.34 apparently:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/libxslt/commit/65f59eb13dc8cceff89534fdb691881a1811738f
There is even test cases so hopefully it will last. :)

Now if only BATIK could fix https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BATIK-1112 to avoid broken rendering of many Inkscape SVGs I would be happy...

Den tors 21 nov. 2019 kl 19:35 skrev Thomas Trepl <thomas@linuxfromscratch.org>:
Am Donnerstag, den 21.11.2019, 19:06 +0100 schrieb Thomas Trepl:
> Hi a,,
>
> thanks to all of you, Bob, Daniel and Oskar!
>
> Indeed, it looks like it is an issue with 'xsltproc'.

Just a follow-up:

I just did some test compiler runs on libxslt and it shows following
picture:

WORKS: 1.1.28
WORKS: 1.1.29
FAIL : 1.1.30
FAIL : 1.1.31
FAIL : 1.1.32
FAIL : 1.1.33
WORKS: 1.1.34

So, there were four releases which did not render correctly. During
the test builds I saw that my machine had still 1.1.33 (same on Arch).
Looks like that the bug has been fixed somehow in 1.1.34 but the
distros did not yet picked it up.

--
Thomas